The project is a continuation of the initiative financed by the Coca Cola Romania Foundation that was successfully implemented during 2010-2012, which had the general objective of promoting the development of children’s and youngsters’ abilities for a healthy life style, with focus on a healthy diet and regular exercising.
The objectives of the second implementation phase of the project are:
- Strengthening and expanding the results obtained in the previous phase,
- Developing/completing the set of interventions based on the results of the previous evaluation phase, with focus on nutritional balance (in-take – consumption) and exercising,
- Continuing the development of the intervention toolkit, focusing on nutrition, exercising, family involvement and support,
- Enlarging the interventions area,
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation.
Project activities in schools from the Buzau county
The development and evaluation of an educational model for schools that would allow pupils to adopt a healthy life style via reinforcing positive results over time, thus transforming these interventions in a way of life.
The results of the previous phase: the project was implemented in 23 schools with a total of 136 classes - out of which 12 in the urban areas (10 in Bucharest, 1 in Buzau and 1 in Prahova) and 11 in the rural areas (5 in Prahova county, 6 in Buzau county) – reaching 3.306 pupils from the 5th and 6th grades, 136 teachers and 6.000 parents.
The project is taking place in the August 2013 – July 2015, while the financing is provided by the Coca Cola Romania Foundation.