The course of our activity included milestones such as:
- actions to strengthen the role of community nurses in multidisciplinary intervention teams at community level and to support the UNICEF model of social inclusion through the provision of integrated social services at community level; they aimed to improve the quality of community health care and to improve the integration of community health services with social and education services in order to increase access of the population, especially children, to equitable and quality basic health and social services.
- interventions for the development of palliative care in Romania.
- actions aimed at lowering the level of HIV/AIDS/STI incidence in the general population and especially among young people aged 15-24, through interventions to promote safe behaviours such as condom use.
- measures to reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission in the Romanian population, through adequate training of health care staff and education of STI patients and their partners in accordance with the diagnosis and treatment guidelines, thus facilitating early diagnosis and treatment of STI cases.
- reducing TB transmission among poor and vulnerable populations, their families and communities through awareness raising and education interventions to support appropriate TB prevention and treatment behaviour.
- providing directly observed treatment through support persons (community workers), providing social support and increasing patient adherence to treatment through incentives, identifying people at risk (TB suspects) and referring them for testing to the TB clinic.
- evaluation of the provision of reproductive health services by General Practitioners and specialists as well as evaluation of the use of reproductive health services by different population groups (general population, rural population, Roma population, etc.) to make them more efficient.